Biosecurity encompasses the regulation and prevention of Animal Diseases. Adherence to the measures and prerequisites outlined in the Government Gazette dated 13 November 2020, as mandated by APAC, is imperative.
The application of robust and efficient biosecurity practices holds immense significance within the sphere of livestock auctions. Noteworthy structural adaptations have been undertaken at BKB fixed point auction sites to ensure the implementation of effective biosecurity. These adaptations encompass the sanitisation of vehicles and individuals, the establishment of an animal inspection point, the demarcation between hygienic and contaminated zones, and the introduction of quarantine pens.
- Auction Centres undergo a thorough disinfection process.
- Vehicles and individuals are subject to disinfection (spraying) upon arrival and departure.
- The disinfectant demonstrates high efficacy against a broad spectrum of viruses, particularly foot and mouth disease.
- Stringent access control measures are in place.
- Biosecurity fences have been erected within the complex.
- Adequate provision of uncontaminated water for animals.
- Entry to the facility is contingent upon the submission of essential health documents for all animals.